American Society of Aviation Artists
Peggy Ferris Memorial Scholarship
Purpose: This award honors the legacy of Peggy Ferris for her “tireless efforts and inspiring devotion to the ASAA”. She was the behind-the-scenes driving force for the success of the American Society of Aviation Artists from its inception. As a trained educator, this award will also recognize her lifelong passion for education so that one can reach their highest potential.
1. Open to ASAA Members in good standing to include Artist, Associate and Foreign Affiliate Artist Members; and Non-ASAA Art Students who have an interest in aviation/aerospace art.
2. At least 18 years old
3. Produces visual art in a traditional art medium (computer generated art not accepted)
Awards will only be for the Forum registration and banquet fee of $445 (Forum registration and banquet required). All other fees associated with the ASAA Forum will be at the applicant’s expense (including but not limited to transportation costs, hotel expenses, incidentals, supplies, shipping costs, etc.) Also to include a one-year Associate Membership valued at $55.
1. Completed application and submitted no later than October 1, 2023.
2. Educational experience and/or work experience related to aviation/aerospace and art
3. At least five (5) images of your artwork are to be submitted in digital format. A minimum of two (2) of the five (5) images should be aviation/aerospace subjects. Examples of your artwork must be at least 300 dpi with the smallest dimension, width or height, at least seven inches. It is best to use JPEG and the images cannot be manipulated in any way.
4. One-page statement (no more than 500 words) regarding application qualifications, personal commitment and goals with respect to aviation/aerospace art. What you hope to gain from this scholarship and forum experience, and anything else you would like to share with regards to your experience with aviation or aerospace or art.
5. If applying as a Non-ASAA Art Student, you much be registered for the Forum as an Associate Member of ASAA.
1. Demonstrate or expresses an interest in the ASAA and aviation/aerospace art
2. Willingness to gain a true education experience
3. Review of Application, Statement and submitted artwork
No later than September 30, 2023 to Marc Poole at email@example.com